Based on what is established in Royal Decree 1316/2001, the resident discount is valid only for:
- Residents of the Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla who are traveling by plane between their residence and any other point in Spanish National Territory or on inter-island flights.
- Residents of Ceuta who fly directly between this city and other locations in the national territory using air or sea transport, as long as the flight has as its origin or destination in the airports of Málaga, Jerez, or Sevilla, and the sea journey is in Ceuta and occurs within 12 hours before or after the flight.
Passengers that request this discount should bring with them a certificate of residence that is valid for the total duration of the flight, issued by the local authorities of the town where they reside.
Members of the Congress of Deputies and the Senate can prove their residency by presenting their identification for the corresponding Chamber.
At the time when making the Reservation, the Passenger must indicate his or her resident status to gain access to this discount. The Ministry of Development (Fomento) will validate this electronically when the ticket is issued. Passengers whose resident's status could not be electronically validated must present the following documentation at the check-in desk and/or gate to be able to benefit from the resident's discount:
- Spanish citizens, citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland: a certificate from the town hall where they are registered (travel certificate) together with a national identity document or passport.
- Spanish citizens younger than 14 years old without a Spanish national identity card: a certificate from the town hall where they are registered.
- Non-EU citizens: a certificate from the town hall where they are registered (travel certificate) along with their resident card that should indicate their status as a relative of a citizen of the European Union or a long-term or permanent resident.
- Credentials for non-EU citizens with long-term residency in the EU: a valid registration certificate together with their resident card that indicates their valid status as a long-term resident.
You can request the resident discount on our web page or by calling the Customer Service. If you make a booking on our website, do not forget to mark the option "resident discount" in the flight finder on the home page of our website.
During the purchase process, you will be asked to indicate the identification document (National ID or Foreigner ID Number) that you will present at the airport at check-in or at the gate, if you have checked in online.
It is important that the information that has been recorded on the booking coincides with the documentation that you are going to present at the airport. Boarding will be denied to all passengers who cannot provide the requested documentation, or if the reservation documentation does not correspond to that presented at the airport.
If a passenger on the reservation is not a resident, he or she should make a separate booking. Remember that the resident discount never applies to flights already taken.
For more information, consult our Conditions of Carriage.