Customer Care Support Center

What documentation do I need to fly?

It is each passenger's responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation that complies with Volotea's requirements, and those of immigration and the authorities at each destination. Please take into account that:

  • All passengers should bring a valid travel document, including babies and minors.
  • Passports for traveling outside the European Economic Area (EEA) should be valid for the entire period of your expected stay.
  • Any children or babies who need a visa should travel with the adult appearing in the visa photo.

In order to guarantee compliance with regulations, passengers should bring a valid passport (and visa, if necessary) or a national identity document (National ID) issued by an EU/EEA member government for all journeys. Passengers will be responsible for all fines, penalties, or costs resulting from failing to comply with this requirement.

Citizens of countries that are members of the Schengen Agreement can fly within the Schengen Area with only a valid National ID. The member countries of the Schengen Agreement are: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Sweden, and Switzerland.

The information on travel documents for passengers (including children and babies) should be entered in during the online check-in process.

For all flights, passengers should present their valid travel document and their boarding pass at the security checkpoint at the airport and at the boarding gate.

The only travel documents that Volotea accepts are:

  • A valid passport.
  • A valid National ID issued by a member of the EU or a member of the Schengen Agreement. Said countries are: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Romania, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
  • A valid Spanish family register (for Spanish minors under 14 who fly with their parents or legal guardians, on national flights within Spain).
  • A valid 'Certificato Di Nascita' (Italian birth certificate) with photo (minors under 18 years old who fly with their parents or legal guardians, on domestic flights within Italy).
  • A valid collective passport, issued by an EU/EEA country.
  • For domestic flights in Italy, those equivalent identity documents based on the DPR (Decreto del Presidente della Republica, [Decree of the President of the Republic] No. 445/2000, dated December 28, 2000.
  • For domestic flights in Spain, a valid driver's license issued in Spain or Spanish residency permit, or from one of the Schengen Area states.
  • Kinderausweis travel documentation issued by the German government for German children under 10 years old.
  • Travel document issued based on the contents of the U.N. Convention relating to the Status of Refugees. Said document, which should be issued by a government in accordance with Article 28(1) of the 1951 U.N. Convention, is accepted as a valid passport.

Travel document based on the contents of the U.N. Convention, which must be issued by one of the contracting States based on that stipulated in Article 27 of the 1954 U.N. Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons.

For further information about children travel documentation, click here or check our Carriage Conditions

Didn't find an answer?
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found